Monday, February 18, 2008

Devotions 18-02-08 (Eph 5:1-2,21)

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma." Verse 21 "..and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ."

I am reminded today as I get ready to leave Chapter 5 that the above verses are key to being able to do all that God gives me to do in this great Chapter in Ephesians.

I must seek to imitate God in His Love and care for others just as a son imitates his father who He loves so very much. Christ has loved me so very much and He gave Himself for me to rescue me from the slavery of sin and to please His Father who is over all things. God explains in the following verses what this imitation should look like and what I must do.

I may want to do this with all my heart but I need others to help me to stick to my goal and would encourage me in following the Lord. So God urges me to be accountable to others so they might remind me regularly to do what I truly want to do with my life. I am so grateful to the Lord for those faithful friends who continually encourage me to follow my Lord.

Lord, I realize how weak I am and how easily I lose track of what I really want to do with my life. Thank You for teaching me Your truths in Ephesians 5. Now I must make these truth a part of my life and character on a daily basis. Lord, how I need Your help and the encouragement of other believers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home