Saturday, February 16, 2008

Devotions 16-02-08 (Eph 5:01-33)

I have enjoyed the opportunity of being in Ephesians for several months and I am still learning new things each day. I want to summarize just chapter 5 briefly today. I would like to see how this chapter relates to the previous chapter 4 and what will be discused in chapter 6.

Chapter 4 spends a great deal of time pointing out God's desire for us to be one in Christ. He wants His body of believers to be unified or one as He is One. God did not redeem us to be fighting and arguing with each other regularly. He desires for us to work together to share the great message of salvation through Christ to a hurting and lost world. He urges us to live a life that is honoring to God and is honoring to others. We are to be "kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.". This is verse 32 the last verse in chapter 4.

With these truths understood now I am ready to imitate God and to further perfect my life in godliness. I must be careful how I live my life not as an unwise person but one who is wise and careful in how I use my t.ime. Verse 20 says "Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the father;"

Now the core of all this is the relationship between a husband and wife which God started with in creation. He created us to be one with our mates and He revisits this need and how we can do this as His redeemed children. We are ready to do this if we really desire to imitate God and His example. The family is suppose to be the key to reaching the world with the gospel and be a living example of what that should look like. This should spill over into our gatherings as believers and our churches should have this same love and oneness.

This is so important because in chapter 6 we begin to talk about a war with our enemy and how we should be prepared for battle. Even before the battle is how we raise our children and how we relate to those who are over us in our work. Then and only then can we be ready to be a part of God's great army of soldiers to fight the enemy of our souls and rescue the lost from their slavery to sin.

Lord, thank You for Your Word that prepares me for the life in Christ You have so freely given me. The purpose is so clear and Your ways are so beautiful and fulfilling. Help me to live out these truths and to be ready to put on the armor of God to be part of Your great army of messengers to the world. Thanks You for the great privilege of being a part of Your great army and able to serve others for Your honor and Glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home