Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Devotions 06-02-08 (Eph 5:23-33)

"For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless. So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for not one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body. For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband."

Since I am a husband Iwant to learn as much as I can about what God expects of me. In this passage I see five things I should be doing. 1. I am to be the head of my wife and I have the responsibility to lead. 2. I am to love her as Christ loved the church. 3.I am to love my wife just as I love my own body. 4. I am to leave my mom and dad and home to establish my own home. 5. I am to hold on to my wife so that we become as one person.

I will elaborate on each of these items in the next few days. Today I want to just reflect on these five items as a whole and get them in my head and heart. God is so good to me to tell me what I should do to have a godly home and family. I sure want to understand each of these fully and seek to obey God in all of these.

I am grateful for the specific way God wants to lead me in being the man God wants me to be. I want to praise You for Your wisdom and grace that gives me the privilege to know what I should do. Lord, help me to not just know them but that I would fully understand them and obey them carefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home