Friday, January 25, 2008

Devotions 25-01-08 (Eph 5:21)

"and be subject to one another in the fear (reverence) of Christ."

This was the closing instructions after a list of other instructions we need to follow. Another way of saying this might be "Be accountable to one another knowing that Christ sees all."

Church should be this source of accountability but we often are not that close to many in a large church. Maybe it is a small group that you can share what God is teaching you from the scriptures and others will keep a check on you and help you out. Possibly the ideal is an individual that you are close to and he or she will keep you on track to do what you want to do in your life.

I know that I need accountability with a close friend and even then we both get busy and sometime fail to check on each other to see how we are doing in our desire to obey scripture. Above all it appears that God is telling me that it is not good to be alone in my walk with God. I need others who will correct me in love and hold me to what God tells me. Prov 27:6 says "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy." I need others that are faithful to me and be honest with me in love. In this submitting to each other we must be ever conscious that Jesus Christ is our Lord and He knows my attitude and spirit in which I relate to others.

Lord, how wonderful it is to have a friend that I can always share my needs and fears with and know they will pray for me and be ready to help me in any way that they can. I am grateful that my wife is such a friend. Thank You for other friends that You have given me as well. I am not sure I utilize their friendship as much as I should. Lord, help me to be subject to others that You bring into my life for my good and protection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home