Thursday, January 24, 2008

Devotions 23-01-08 (Eph 5:20-21)

"always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ."

Always giving thanks!! I Thess 5:18 says "In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I think it is important to God that we learn to give thanks for things that happen to me and around me. I must do it for "all things" and "everything". There are no exceptions listed. Why is this so hard to do? I think it is because of my lack of conviction that God is sovereign in all things. He is the blessed controller of all things even my silly or stupid blunders. My sin and failures that bring suffering to me and others.

I am to give thank in the name of the Lord Jesus to God, even to the Father, who is my Father. God is not some unloving God but a God who is also my Father and who loves me more than I can even imagine. If I really believe this deep in my heart than I would express more thanksgiving to God my Father in the name of Jesus who died and gave me salvation by Grace.

I guess it is hard to be grateful in an ungrateful world. That is not really an excuse but it is a factor that hinders me from being as grateful as I ought to God and to others. Regardless of how others may not be grateful to me I must be grateful to them and to God. I have written this application so many times in my devotions and in my bible studies and I pray at some time it would truly become a part of my life and character. I so admire and respect a person who is always grateful for what others do and for the events of life that is controlled by God. Lord, help me to be grateful for all things and everything today and all my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home