Monday, January 21, 2008

Devotions 21-01-08 (Eph 5:11-13)

"And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light for everything that becomes visible is light."

Another translation says: " Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But when the light shines on them it becomes clear how evil these things are"

I am afraid that my TV and other media gets me in trouble in this area and I watch things that I would not do other wise. I must be more diligent in turning away from watching evil because it does have an effect on my mind and my emotions.

Lord, I am grateful for Your cleansing Word that helps me to realize what I am doing wrong and guides me in truth. I know I must not watch evil going on because it pollutes my mind and emotions. I want to have a pure mind and a heart that pictures holy and good things and not evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home