Thursday, January 17, 2008

Devotions 17-01-08 (Eph 5;6)

O"Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience."

If you want to know what "these things" are that are mentioned in the above verse go to yesterday's blogg or read Eph 5:5 in the bible.

I think this verse is interesting even without listing what God does not want us to do. First He warns me of people who will try to deceive me with empty words. They do not know what they are talking about but dump words on me that really have not value. If I listen to these empty words and miss the important words of God I can be in trouble. This is where the listing of what God does not want me to do becomes important.

What God says I must obey and I know what God says to me is for my best interest. Of course, I must know God to really believe this, which I do. I must also realize that to disobey God has consequences that are not good and are not for my best interest.

What God wants me to avoid are self- destructive practices anyway and even common sense tells me not to do these things. It is the rebellious world around me that tempts me to do what I really know is not good for me. God in His love wants to protect me from evil and doing what will harm me and ruin my life and the life of those I love. Thank You Lord for Your great love for me and Your concern for my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home