Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Devotions 22-01-08 (Eph 5:15-16)

"Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil."

God urges me to think more carefully on how I am living life. There are lot of folks that are unwise in how they live life and I must not allow them to influence me in following their ways. I must evaluate what I want to spend my life on. Is it eternal values are on temporal values. The world around me does not want me to take any time for God and His work in the world but to use my life for my pleasures and the temporal pursuits of the things of this world.

These are evil days and there is more evil and it is more easily accessible to young and old alike. It is so crucial for me to be wise in all I do. I need to draw more upon my son's and their knowledge that they have gained while working in the world and being in the midst of world matters. I must weigh world thinking against God's ways and discern appropriate was to share the good news of Christ with those in the world. I need wisdom in knowing how to encourage them in their walk with God and what God is teaching them where they are.

Lord, thank You for all you have done for me and all You have taught me over the years. I know prayer must be more of a vital part of all I do. I know You give wisdom to those who listen to You and seek Your counsel. Thank You for all I am learning as I study the book of Ephesians. I really need to be wise in my finishing up these remaining days in Estonia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home