Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Devotions 23-01-08 (Eph 5:17-19)

"So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit speaking to one another in psalm and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord "

Do I understand what the will of the Lord is for me today? I must be careful that I do not get so busy that I do not stop and pray and consider carefully what He wants me to do today. Not that I waste my day waiting on God to reveal His will to me but I must do some serious thinking and praying and make my decision on what is revealed to me.

I must not use wine or any other stimulus to get my mind moving but it is God's Holy Spirit who must fill and control my being. He dwells in me and wants to lead and direct my life so I must turn to the Word of God and spiritual songs to stir up my thinking. The will of God should bring joy and thanksgiving to my soul and not a fear or drudgery.

Lord, I go though many days not understanding the will of God for my life. I do not consider carefully enough what You want me to do. I am sure that is why I have many non-productive days. Lord, I do not want to waste my days doing foolish things but to do what is your perfect will. Guide me now to know what I should do with this day and the hours you have given me to do what is truly important. I ask for Your wisdom. James 1:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home