Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Devotions 16-01-08 (Eph 5:5)

"For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God."

These are some pretty strong words with some severe results. He is writing to believers who know this is wrong but it is made even more clear that this is not excused by God in any way. Why do believers make excuses and violate this truth today so much?

Immorality, impurity and covetousness are made equal with idolatry by God. An idol is a man's idea and created by a man to make him profit and it has not an ounce of power in it. Yet, men and women worship it and seek strength from it. Immorality, impurity and covetousness are also a man's idea so it is reasonable to equate them all to idolatry.

My inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God is based on God's purposes and ideas and not anything that man has to offer. It is my obedience and worship of God that is the basis of my inheritance. In fact it is all a faith issue and nothing that I contribute to at all.

Lord, thank You for forgiving my immoral and impure thoughts and my covetousness toward others. I do not want these things in my life at all. I do not want anything to be an idol that takes me away from my worship of You. Thank You for reminding me of the tricks and lies of satan to get me distracted from all that You have for me now and in the future. Lord, I do want to be a man who is pure and holy before You because I have obeyed Your word and have put my faith in Jesus as my Savior and Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home