Thursday, January 10, 2008

Devotions 10-01-08 (thoughts on contentment)

Hebrews 13:5-6
"Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you," so that we confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What shall man do to me?"

This is a truth that we must hang on to all the time in the process of living life. But this is especially true if you are traveling or moving and may be out of your comfort zone or surroundings. Since I am currently in the latter I need to pay especial attention to this truth in my life. I Timothy 6:10 says " For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a sorrow."

In being content with what I have there is a great defense against being drawn toward things which I do not need but sometimes may think I do. I end up buying so many things that I do not need and then wonder; why did I do that?

The comfort in this is that God is for me and will protect me and will provide for me what I truly need. I must grab this truth and hang on to it when I am away from my routine of life and vulnerable to the lies of the enemy.

Lord, I have known these verses for many years but I need a stronger grip on what You have said in Your Word. I am so grateful that You are my helper and I can trust You to guide me in all I do. Lord, help me to meditate on these truths and continue in prayer about all that I do. Lord, forgive me for my lack of focused prayer for those things that I face and must make wise decisions on every day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home