Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Devotions 15-01-08 (Eph 5:3-4)

" But do not let immorality or any impurity or greed even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks."

As I have been reflecting on this statement I said to myself, "Do I realize how the secular world would respond to such a statement." They would say such a standard is impossible to follow in the world in which we have today. It is an old idea that just does not apply to life today.

The problem is that even the Christian world does not hold to these standards very well either. Yet these truths are timeless and were true when they were written and they are true today. There are many godly folks that are still following these standards. I have made this my standard for living the past 54 years and it has brought be such joy and strength to obey the ways of God.

Immorality and impurity is a big wide door that leads folks into all sorts of evil. Once you have a taste of immorality you are trapped and it is only the power of God that can deliver you and set you free. I have seen it happen to many good men and I have had the pull myself but by God's great grace He has spared me from being caught.

God is very clear when He says "Do Not" and "there must be no" sensual talk that leads folks into sin. God created sex for a very beautiful relationship and it is not a toy to be played with but something that is holy and pure and bonding in a marriage relationship.

Lord, help me to realize the treasure You have given to believers and to help believers to follow Your Word and do as You have spoken. It is not an option to follow but it is a clear command to obey. How I must pray for my children and grandchildren to be able to resist the world in which they live and the sensual ways of the world that is destroying our world. Lord, thank You for all the protection You have given me over all these years. Guard my heart and my life as I seek You daily in Your Word and Prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home