Friday, December 28, 2007

Devotions 28-12-07 (Eph 4:29)

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear."

What unwholesome words do I allow to come out of my mouth? I can not blame others for what I say no matter what they do. God says to me do not speak words that are unwholesome. In fact He tells me the kind of words that I should be saying.

I just realized that God does not say watch your words but watch each word that you speak. No word is to be unwholesome but each word is to build up others and not tear them down. Each word should be appropriate for that moment in time. This gives me the responsibility to think carefully before I speak. Each word I use should give grace to those who hear it.

It is important what I say and each word that I use. God does not want me to be a man of many words but the few I use should be according to His desire and according to His plan. Lord give me the grace to speak carefully and with wisdom that I do not hurt or offend but that I would be able to encourage and help others in what they are struggling with. Help me as I meditate on what You have said that I may understand how I can apply this to my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home