Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Devotions 31-10-07 (II Peter 1:4)

"For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust."

Yesterday I saw that it was through the true knowledge of Him and His calling me by His own glory and excellence that I received power to live a life of godliness. Now Peter tells me that it is by these I also have precious and wonderful promises. The bible is the record of all these wonderful promises. If I will only take the time to reflect on them I can be blessed from them. Some require for me to do something and others are just for me because of His love for me.

These promises are given so I can become a part of His divine nature which also delivers me from the corruption that is in the world from lust. Lust is greed, I want this now and I want all I can get. Lust and greed will destroy those who practice it. God's promises will protect and deliver me such evil.

If you want a good verse to memorize and meditate on this is one. It has been such a blessing to me these 40+ years I have known it from memory and spent many hours meditating on it and using it to live life and to share with others.

It has been good for me to meditate on these verses again and to chew on them for a deeper application to my life and ministry. Lord, Your promises are so very wonderful and great; they truly are precious and magnificent. Help me to hang on to these promises and believe them with my whole being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home