Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Devotions 30-10-07 (II Peter 1:2-3)

"Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."

Since biblical knowledge is more than information but is a heart grasping truth. This is truly intimacy with God which multiplies my blessings. I gain multiplied grace and peace. Do I know what this means? I have much more grace and peace than I could ever imagine when I maintain an intimacy with my Lord.

I will also be able to see what His divine power has given to me; everything that pertains to life and godliness. As I think on this for awhile I am overwhelmed by God's love to me. I have been given all the power I need to live a productive and joyful life. I also have the power to live this life in godliness; free from the sin and corruption all around me.

Peter reminds me again that it is through the true knowledge of Him who called me by His glory and excellence. It is not a casual knowledge or an acquaintance but through an intimacy with Him. Spending much time alone with Him and getting to know Him and desiring to obey Him in everything.

Lord, I sometimes rush through my times with You and I fail to have the grace and peace that You desire for me to have. I do want this intimacy with You because I need Your power and strength to live my life honoring You. It is only Your power in me that allows me to live a godly life that brings You glory. Lord, help me to see the urgency of this intimacy for my good. Thank You for Your love for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home