Sunday, October 28, 2007

Devotions 28-10-07 (I Peter 5:8-9)

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary,the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world."

There are some things I must be serious or sober about in my walk with God. One is that I have an enemy who hates me and desires to destroy me. He is always busy trying to find someone, anyone to destroy. He is not choosy but will attack anyone no matter if he is great or a little child or whether they are good or bad. His name is the destroyer and that is his character.

He cannot harm me when I am in fellowship with my Lord and under His protection. I must fight him as God instructs and not fight him in my own strength. So I must resist him being firm in my faith and being strong in God's Word because that is where my faith is strengthened.

I must be aware that I am not the only one fighting the enemy but my brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world are in the same fight. I must not feel sorry for myself but allow God to be my refuge and strength. He is well capable to deal with the enemy whom He has already defeated.

Lord, I want to be a wise disciple or follower of Yours. Help me to be alert and attentive to satan's plans and tricks. Help me to be serious about prayer and the word and making it a priority in all I do. I have not grasped the seriousness of all this as much as I think I have. Lord, bless our day with Piret and Stella and guide us in all we do and discuss. Lord give me wisdom to speak and teach Your Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home