Thursday, September 27, 2007

Devotions 27-09-07

Mark 3:14
He(Jesus) appointed twelve (whom He named apostles)that they might be with Him, and that He might send them out to preach, and to have authority to cast out demons.

I am speaking at a one day conference this Sat and this is the main verse I am going to focus on. The conference is about small groups and I think this verse gives the core of what small groups should be about. The words in brackets are added in some early manuscripts. It does not change the meaning but it does broaden the text some.

There seems to be two main reasons why Jesus did this. 1. He wanted these men to be with Him so they would get to know Him and He would be able to train them. We sometimes refer to this as the "with Him principle". 2. The purpose in this time together is to equip them to be able to go and do what Jesus was doing. There is a world out there lost in their sins and some are being held captive by demons from satan, the leader of demons. They were being equipped to go into the world and do battle with the evil that was there.

Lord, I thank You for bringing men into my life who brought me into their small group and who took a personal interest in me to equip me to go into the world and do what they did for me. I thank You for all those individuals who You have given me to pour my life into so they might repeat what I have done with them. It all began with Jesus and it is still going on today. Praise the Lord!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home