Monday, September 24, 2007

Devotions 24-09-07

Hebrews 13:5-6
Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you" so that we confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid . what shall man do to me?"

My character is very important to God and it must be focused on His all sufficiency for me. So I must not let the love of money distract me from my confidence in God and I must be satisfied with what I have and not be envious of what others may have.

He has made it very clear that He will never desert me nor will He forsake me. He wants me to be confident that the Lord is my helper and I will not be afraid of what others might do to me. This confidence is so important in this day in which there is so much fear of terror and wickedness doing such evil. God will not leave me unguarded and will protect me until my work on earth is done. This gives me great confidence and freedom to be His servant in whatever He might ask me to do.

I love the verse in Prov 28:1 "The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, but the righteous are bold as a lion." This boldness comes from from my confidence in my God.

Lord, I want this confidence and boldness to be in my life. I know it is a matter of faith and believing what You have said is true. Thank You for reminding me today how important this is to have in my character. You are worthy of all my trust and faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home