Thursday, August 30, 2007

Devotions 30-08-07

Philemon 4-7
I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I hear of your love, and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all the saints; and I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake. For I have come to have much joy and comfort in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother.

There is so much to learn from Paul the great bible teacher and christian leader who is ministering to Philemon one of his disciples. Of all things I must do for those I am seeking to help is to pray for them. Second is to stay in contact with them and to encourage them. Third he prays that the fellowship of his faith would be effective. This would be those people who are around him and they are encouraging each other in their faith. Fourth this faith is from the knowledge of every good thing which is in him because of Christ. The concern for the effectiveness of the fellowship of faith is for Christ sake and for His glory.

Then Paul expresses how Philemon has brought such joy and comfort to him because the hearts of others or being refreshed or encouraged. That is what our faith is all about. Not how we are doing but how are we reaching others and they are growing in their faith. True we must begin by helping others to walk with God and to live the life of faith but they must move beyond this and share their faith and knowledge of God to those they love and care about.This is the commission the Lord Jesus gave to his disciples and to us. Go to the world and make disciples.

Lord, I thank you for Sid my father in the faith that taught me the importance of reaching out to others. There have been others that have been my teachers and counsellors. There is Jack who helped me so much when I was in Germany along with Dave. Later Skip became such a vital part in me leaving my military career to be a missionary for Christ. Lord, you used these men and others who took a personal interest in what I was doing and encouraged me to trust You completely and be available to others . Lord, help me to effectively teach others what You have taught me through Your godly servants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home