Thursday, September 06, 2007

Devotions 06-09-07

Prov 16:9
"The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

Prov 24:6
"For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory.

There are many more verses on guidance and counsel in Proverbs but I have been reflecting on these two today. What are the truths in them?

The first one seems to be saying that a person plans what they want to do but how things go will depend on God. If a person violates God's laws in the process he will not succeed. He might for awhile but in the end things will not go well. A believer who makes wrong plans will not find the blessing of God on his plans. If his plans are what God wants him to do he will find God's blessing with him.

The second one is the same but said in a different way. If you are making plans to do something the more advice or opinions you can get the more information you have to make some good plans. Note that the guidance is from wise men and in the context they are godly men.

Why do people not follow God's counsel; pride or what? It is an important question to ask oneself.

I know I have made many plans in my life on my own without the guidance of people wiser than me and they have not turned out well. I see many others doing the same. I long to help others to avoid the pitfalls I have made in my life. I can give advice to others only if they see the need and want my advice. Lord, help me to be wise in any advice I might give. I truly want to give advice based on what You say in Your Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home