Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Devotions 05-09-07

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of the soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I remember from years ago how amazing I thought this verse from the bible was. To think that the bible is truly able to do all these things. It is not just another book of writings but it is living and active and God uses it like a doubled edged sword. It is able to do what a surgeon's knife is unable to do. It even divides the soul and the spirit and evaluates and judges the thoughts and intentions of my heart.

But it can not do this unless I pick up God's Word and spend time in it or place myself in the presence of someone teaching from it. I must make my life vulnerable to what God has written and allow the Spirit of God to use these truth in my whole being. Even in ministry I feel myself getting so busy doing good things that I do not spend time thinking and meditating on the truths God has in His Word.

Lord, I long to get my responsibilities out of the way and spend more time reading and meditating on what You have said. I must read, study, memorize, meditate and apply Your truths to my life. Life is so much richer when I make the time to do these things. But it is not only information in my head but the living out these truths before and with others. Lord, thank you for all You have done in my life and in the lives of others that You have brought into my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home