Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Devotions 26-09-07

Hebrews 13:15-17
"Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of the lips that give thanks to His name. And do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Obey your leaders, and submit to them; for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you."

Praise and thanksgiving is such a vital part of our christian lives. When I become ungrateful and do not praise the Lord regularly I am in real trouble in my walk with God. This requires me to guard my life from busyness and trying to do more than I should.

God says that we must not neglect doing good and sharing with others. God is pleased when I make time and have time to do what is good and share with others.

I believe that is why God has given us leaders so we do not fail in the first two items I have mentioned. Leaders must set the example in these matters and urge those under them to follow a wholesome life as directed by the scriptures. I know this thought could be twisted to give some one too much authority over subordinates but the other extreme is also bad when I do not follow any one's authority and I am the authority of my own life.

How wonderful it is to be able to be under a godly person who is personally interested me and I have the freedom to submit to their godly leadership. I have gained so much over the years by being under such leadership.

Lord, help me to be the kind of leader that others would trust and find beneficial to their lives. It is a responsibility from God that I must handle carefully and prayerfully. Lord, thanks for the opportunity to be a leader for my family and those you have given to me in the process of ministry over the years. It is such a joy to see them successful in their walk with God and their ministry in depth to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home