Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Devotions 04-09-07

Prov 18:1-2
"He who separates himself seeks his own desire, he quarrels against all sound wisdom. A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."

A person who pulls away from others and will not work with others could be a proud person who is just seeking his own way. He is not wise because he is going against very basic wisdom. To succeed I need the advice and skill of others. None of us have all the knowledge we need for everything.

I can be very foolish if I do not seek to have good understanding with others. This understanding could be very beneficial to everyone and especially to me. If I am stuck on just sharing what I think then I am acting very foolishly.

Lord, I pray I could be careful to follow this counsel from Solomon and help me to teach others the value of following these wise sayings. They have been true over the centuries. God is the one who has given these and He knows what is best for me and everyone else. Lord give me wisdom and understanding in where I am today and the wisdom to follow Your ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home