Friday, September 07, 2007

Devotions 07-09-07

Hebrews 4:14-16
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.

Wow, I have a high priest who knows exactly how I feel. He has been tempted just like I have been or as I am currently. Yet He has gone through all this without sin. He is willing and eager to listen to me and to help me to overcome my temptations and not sin.

If I truly believe this I would have great confidence and run swiftly as often as I need His mercy and grace. I am so grateful that this throne is not a long ways away but it is only a prayer away. I can approach it at any time and in any circumstance.

Lord, I am grateful for this wonderful privilege and I must come to You more than do. I do need to have more confidence and not hesitate to come to You for all my needs. My needs are so great and I am so weak but You know all this. Thank You Lord for this reminder of what I must do and why I should come confidently to You for Your mercy and grace. I bow in awe of You and worship You and give You all my Praise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home