Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Devotions 28-08-07

Titus 2:15
These things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

I was unable to say much about this verse yesterday and wanted to comment on this a little. The apostle Paul was writing to his disciple Titus and was urging him to take what he,Paul, had written to him and to share it with others. He said not only speak to others but you may have to exhort some that this is really important and they need to do something about it. There might also be others that need to be reproved or sternly encouraged that this vital information is important to the world. Do not hesitate but go and share these truths with others.

I was puzzled for awhile as to what the last sentence is saying. How does one do this. How would I "let no one disregard me"? For sure it is not by force or by some deceptive means so how do I do this. How could I share important information and be sure that others would listen to me?

I think it is in the presentation of the one speaking. I must pray and work hard to present this important information in such a way that it is interesting and so applicable to them that they would not think of not listening to what I have to say. I am afraid that many Christians do not think through on their message from God enough to capture the ears, minds and hearts of those they are trying to reach.

Lord, forgive me for not working harder at presenting the truths you have entrusted to me to share with others. I must be creative and realize the importance of what I must share with others. Help me as I meditate on this passage to gain the full meaning of how it should apply to my life. I am confident that there are some rich truths that I need to understand and make application to my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home