Monday, August 27, 2007

Devotions 27-08-07

Titus 2:11-15
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds. These things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

Paul gave this word to his disciple Titus but it is still so applicable to me today. The great grace of God has been revealed and it has brought us such a wonderful deliverance from our sin nature and our proneness to sin. It gives me the power to turn from worldly desires and to live a life that is reasonable. It also gives me the strength to live righteously and godly in spite of all the sin going on around me.

I am not trapped in this evil world because Jesus is coming again. Paul urges me to look expectantly toward the second appearing of my great God and Savior Jesus Christ. He has bought me freedom from every lawless deed and has made me pure to be a person of His own possession, able to do good things. I am to speak and encourage and correct with the authority of God. I have an important message given to me by God and I must be faithful to share it others.

What wonderful thoughts to ponder and to grasp the rich truths that are for me and for all who love Jesus Christ. I memorized some of these verses many years ago but in the whole sentence there is such comfort and joy and hope. Lord, thank You for refreshing me again with the truth of what You have done for me and anyone who would receive Your great Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Lord help me to meditate on this passage today as I do the tasks You have for me to do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home