Monday, August 20, 2007

Devotions 20-08-07

Titus 1:7-9
"For the overseer must be above reproach as God's steward, not self-willed, not quick tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain, but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled, holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, that he may be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict."

There are five things an overseer for God must not do. 1, not self-willed 2. not quick tempered 3. not addicted to wine 4 not pugnacious and 5 not fond of sordid gain.

There are seven things an overseer must do. 1.be hospitable 2. love what is good 3. be sensible 4. be just 5. be devout 6. be self-controlled 7. hold fast the faithful word of God.

This Word of God is what has been taught me and I must use it in teaching others. I must use it to exhort people in sound doctrine or teaching and to explain clearly what is wrong with the teachings that contradict the truth of God.

I want to mull over this passage today and tomorrow seek to get a better grip on the five things an overseer for God must not do. The following day I will seek to understand more fully the seven things an overseer of God must do. I hope to get a better handle on holding fast to the faithful Word of God that I must use to exhort others and to refute those who contradict the truth of God. Lord help me to grasp these truths so I might be an overseer who is above reproach. I want to honor You Lord as my King and Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home