Friday, August 17, 2007

Devotions 17-08-07

II Timothy 4:5-7
"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, have finished the course, I have kept the faith;"

I see there are four things I should be doing. 1. I need to be sober in all things. So I should take seriously the things God has given me because they are important. I must be careful that I do not overemphasize this but to make this an important part of prayer. 2. I must be prepared to endure difficult situations. Life is full of hardships and I must be a good soldier of the cross and be able to persevere through these hard situations. 3. I need to be alert to share the good news of Jesus Christ at every opportunity. I may not be an evangelist but the news of Jesus must be proclaimed by all believers as much as we have opportunity. 4. I need to fulfil the ministry God has given me. We each have a special work God has given us and we should keep that ministry in focus. My ministry is personal discipling and I must be faithful to His calling for me.

When I reach the end of the trail for my life I want to be able to say I have fought the good fight and I have finished the course and I have kept the faith. I am in a spiritual battle and I want to fight the battle faithfully as God gives me strength. I want to finish the things God has laid out for me to do. I do not want to quit but to finish His work for me. Last of all I must do all this by faith; without faith I cannot please God (Heb 11:6).

Lord, I am grateful for all You have done for me and I want to be serious about the life You have given me. I do not want to over emphaize my work and become a workaholic but neither do I want to take this privilege lightly. Lord help me to be a man of faith and to live before my family and those who know me that I do seek to trust You in everything in my life. Lord, bring honor to Your name as I fight this good fight to be a man of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home