Thursday, August 16, 2007

Devotions 16-08-07

II Timothy 4:1-2
"I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom; preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction."

There is much that is ahead of us and Paul is urging us to do the following: Preach the word and be ready to do it at anytime. There is a lot of correcting that must be done and we must have the courage to do it and the knowledge to do it. It is to be done with a whole lot of patience and with clear instructions. I cannot be a weak Christian but must be strong in the faith and have a close relationship with God.

Paul said this was a solemn charge so he is very serious about what he is saying. He adds that God is in our presence and also His Son Jesus Christ who is the judge of everyone. He will soon be appearing and will establish His eternal Kingdom. Do not allow the world to weaken our conviction in the truths of God.

Lord, I do take seriously what Paul has warned me about. Help me to be diligent in my faith and in my obedience to Your word. I must meditate over these truths and allow them to grip my heart and soul. I do want to warn others and especially my own family. Lord give me strength and wisdom in the remaining months we have in Estonia before we leave. Lord help me to fulfill the ministry that You sent me here to accomplish. I give You all the praise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home