Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Devotions 14-08-07

II Timothy 2:15
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth."

Paul instructs me to work hard as a workman of God so I will not be ashamed of the work I am seeking to do for the Lord. My basic instrument is the Word of Truth. One translation says I should rightly divide the word of truth.

It is clear that I have a responsibility to do my best for God. I have a choice in being ashamed of what I do or I can do my best and that is all God wants from me. The important item is how I handle His precious word of truth. It is so mishandled in the world and many are confused as to what it says because they do not work at it and make it a lifetime goal to know it well.

So I must ask myself as to how I am handling God's precious Word of Truth? Am I working my very best to know it and to present what it says to others accurately and wisely?

I think an important part in handling it is am I living it out in my life? I am working hard to do that but I have not arrived. I keep seeking to obey God's Word in all I do. I must not be afraid to say I can not explain everything clearly. I do know clearly and with great conviction who God is and what He expects of me. Lord, I need Your Grace to do the work You have called me to do. You know how weak I am and how I struggle with my limitations. I love You Lord!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home