Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Devotions 01-08-07

I Timothy 1:5
But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

The Apostle Paul was telling his young disciple, Timothy, what he was wanting to accomplish as he was working with people in the ministry. He saw three things that he wanted to be sure and teach others. 1. He wanted people to love others from a pure heart. Love others with no other motives other than to help them to know and trust God. 2. That everyone would have a good consicence about everything they do. They would not be deceiving,taking advantage of anyone or seeking for personal gain in the process of teaching and helping others. 3. That everyone would have a genuine or sincere faith in God and their faith in Jesus would draw others into a trust in Jesus that would forever change their lives. This was Paul's goal in the ministry God had given him.

I memorized this verse some 40+year ago and have wanted to do this as well in my life and ministry. I am grateful for the ministry the Lord has graciously given me over the years. I pray I would continue to do this and seek to do it more fervently in the years I have left in ministry. Lord, help Piret, Stella and Robert to learn these truths in their lives as they minister to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home