Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Devotions 11-07-07

Ps 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.

I sort of know the answer before I pray this prayer. Yes, there is a lot of garbage in my heart and although I try not to be anxious about anything it creeps in. Also I have a lot of hurtful things in me just waiting for the opportunity to come out of me. So why do I pray this? Maybe it is a good way to evaluate where I am today and take care of those things I know are not pleasing to the Lord. I do want to be lead in the everlasting way or the way that is honoring and pleasing to God.

My heart should be fixed on the Lord and trusting in Him for everything. I should give all my anxieties to Him because He does love me and cares for me. If His love is dwelling in me I will have the strength to love my enemies and pray for them to know the love of God and turn from their hurtful ways. I must be determined to begin my days in praise, thanksgiving and confession of all that is wrong in me. I must long to walk with Him each day to do His will.

Lord, you know that I must get out a news letter for those who pray and support us in this ministry in Estonia. You know how my funds are getting less each month due to the falling dollar and the rising cost of living. Then there are the food supplements that are constantly being blocked by customs and we are not able to get them for our health and well being. Lord, I plead with You to give me wisdom in what You want me to do. I need You to encourage me someway today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home