Monday, July 16, 2007

Devotions 16-07-07

Ps 142:1-3

I cry aloud with my voice to the Lord; I make supplication with my voice to the Lord. I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You did know my path. In the way where I walk they have hidden a trap for me.

I have felt like this was me several times in my life. I may be in this situation even today. I face issues that I feel overwhelmed in knowing how to handle and I need the Lord's help and answers.

God urges me to open my mouth and with my voice let Him know how I feel. He says this twice so I must not fail to tell God verbally what is bothering me. I must begin with a humble entreaty since I am not sure what I should do. Next I can be honest with God and complain to Him how I am picturing all that is happening and in the process maybe I can see the real trouble or issue that I need God's help on.

Even though I may feel overwhelmed I can be confident that He knows where I am on my path of life and is with me. I may feel that the enemy of my soul and those he may use to cause me to fall have laid a trap for me along the path I am taking.

All this gives a picture of hopelessness but I know in prayer that God is able to give me answers in my hopelessness. I will take the next few verses tomorrow and show how God delivers me.

I think these first three verses of Ps 142 or so important for me to see and under-stand so I can be honest with God in my prayer to Him. God is not impressed with beautiful words that do not match up to what is going on in my heart. Lord, help me to be true and honest with You and recognize my helplessness and to look to You as the only One who has the answers to all my problems. I may feel alone but I know that I am not alone. I thank You and give You Praise!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home