Friday, July 06, 2007

Devotions 06-07-07

Ps 135:5-6

For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods. Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.

How do I know He is great? First I have experienced His greatness in my life and in the life of my family. He has done great and marvelous for all of us. Second, I know He is great because His Spirit confirms with my spirit; He has done all these marvelous things I have seen and experienced as I have walked with Him. Third, I know He is great because of the testimonies of others from all over the world and from all different cultures who have the same confidence as me; they possess the same character and love that God has given me in Jesus Christ. Fourth, I know He is great because the Bible tells of His greatness in ages past and He is the same God who exists today.

I also know that God does whatever He pleases in heaven and in the earth and whatever He does is good because God is good. I may not understand His goodness but if I pray and ponder the event I can generally see the good. If not then I must accept it by faith and rest in His Love and Grace.

There is such great peace and rest in knowing that I have no control in all that happens in my life but there is a loving and merciful God who has complete control over everything. He has proven His love to me and to the whole world and by faith I can experience Him so fully and completely. It is hard to live this out but it can be lived with a deep faith and a personal relationship with God through His Word and Prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home