Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Devotions 17-07-07

Ps 142:4-6

Look to the right and see; for there is no one who regards me; there is no escape for me; no one cares for my soul. I cried out to You, O Lord; I said "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living. Give heed to my cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me."

In many and maybe most cultures the place to the right is the place of authority. You look for the person who is on the right for help and deliverance. In a military parade the command is eyes right when you are passing the reviewing stand. The commander of the whole parade and who he represents, which may be the King, is who you are saluting and the commander will return the salute.

The psalmist is saying you do not see anyone to my right who is concerned for me. There is no escape for me and no one cares for my soul. Then he cries out to the Lord for help. You are my refuge, Lord. You are my security in the land in which I live. Please listen to my pleas because I am really discouraged. I am being persecuted and I have no power against them.

I often feel this overwhelming weakness in doing what I feel God is asking me to do. I need to get my focus back on the Lord who is my refuge and who is well able to handle all that is coming at me.

Lord, I am thankful for Your faithfulness to help me so see how inadequate I am but that You are well able to handle all that I face. I am grateful for all You have done for me and still doing for me. Help me, Lord, to follow You and Your ways and not try to do Your work in my strength. It is only You who can accomplish the task that are before me. I must rest in Your strength and give You praise for Your Love and Grace and Power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home