Monday, July 09, 2007

Devotions 09-07-07

Ps 138:1-3

I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple, and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your word together with Your name. On the day I called You did answer me; You did make me bold with strength in my soul.

My flesh is so ungrateful because it is always wanting more; it is never satisfied. I must purpose to be grateful even when I do not feel like it and express it as often as I can. I Thess 5:18 "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." When I am grateful it is easier to sing praises to the Lord and to bow down before Him. The name of the Lord brings to my mind His lovingkindness and His truth. He has honored His Word together with His name and He answers me when I pray. All this makes me bold in the strength of my soul.

Lord, I read and write these words but oh how I long to live these truths out in my life. Oh, to be a gracious man who is able to express genuine thanks for all that You bring into my life. I want to offer up praise to You before all that are around me. I want to honor Your name and Your word because they go together. The living Word (Jesus) is inseparable from the written Word (the bible); they must always stand together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home