Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Devotions 04-07-07

Ps 135:1-3

Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord; Praise Him, O servants of the Lord, you who stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God! Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for it is lovely.

I sometimes think it is to trite to praise the Lord in words only. I think I must do something great for the Lord to really give praise to Him. But then I end up doing nothing and that is even worse. I must give Him verbal praise whenever it comes to my mind. Especially as a servant of the Lord I should be expressing praise to Him. I may be in the house of the Lord or in the courts outside the house of God I should not fail to express praise to God.

I give praise to the Lord because he is good and does good. This phrase, I must never forget and hang on to it as solid truth even when I do not understand the situation happening to me or around me. I also must seek to sing praises to His name because there is no name like the name of my Lord. It is lovely, beautiful and a name to be adored and worshiped.

Lord, thank You for refreshing my heart today. My heart has been so cold the last few days and I just had nothing I could write. I wanted to worship You but the words just stayed in my mind and would not come out. On this 4th of July, the day of American independence, I worship You as the one who has given me freedom from the bondage of sin. Lord, I am so grateful for all You have done for me and my family. I should be praising You every day of my life and with greater and greater boldness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home