Thursday, March 29, 2007

Devotions 29-03-07

Ps 71:17-19
O God, You have taught me from my youth; and I still declare Your wondrous deeds. And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come. For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens, You who has done great things; O God, who is like You?

Even when a youth I was interested in the bible and loved to be with my Aunt Lila at her bible study. She often had me read the scripture at her study when I was spending the night with my cousin, Curtis. I never had a bible of my own until I was about 16 but then I carried it with me to military training and it was while in training that Christ found me and I became a Christian.

I am still sharing His wonderful deeds to others around the world and to my grandchildren. Now in my old age (nearly 74) I pray God will be with me as I speak of God's strength and power to this generation and to those who will come after them. Lord, help me to teach them how to multiply and to pass this Word on to succeeding generations.

You have done great things for me and here are a few for me to remember and to cherish.
1. You have kept me pure from my youth and I have known intimacy with only
my wife.
2. God saved me from the Jehovah Witnesses cult as my parents were part of this when I was young.
3.God has saved me from death at least 7+times so far in my life.
4. God has given me a perfect mate for me who I love dearly and we have such a wonderful marriage We have four wonderful children who love God as well. My children's mates are believers and we have now 14 wonderful grandchildren.
5.God has protected us as we have lived in 5 countries around the world and traveled many thousands of miles.We have been doing missionary work for 40+ years.

Who is like our God? No one, He is supreme above all. He is Lord of All.

I do not want to ever forget all God has done for me and for many others besides me. I pray I would review this list often and even make it longer as I pray with gratefulness for the privilege of knowing the God of all creation. I pray others might read my blogg sometimes and seek to know the God of whom I am speaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home