Thursday, March 22, 2007

Devotions 22-03-07

Ps 68:19-20
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation. Selah God is to us a God of deliverances; and to God the Lord belong escapes from death.

What is this burden that God daily bears for me? I think it may be my sinfulness. My proneness to sin and go in directions that are harmful to me. God is the one who has saved me and given me such a wonderful salvation. Selah, means to stop and really think about this. This is not something you should read over lightly but realize the greatness of this truth!

Now He explains more about the previous thought. God is the one who delivers me and protects me on a daily or moment by moment basis. In fact if you have ever been close to death or being killed it is God the Lord who protected you. With out much thinking I can think of about 7 to 10 times that I could have been killed but God spared me. It does make one stop and think. I am sure there may have been twice that many times and I was just unaware of what was going on.

I must pause more in my prayers and thank God for His deliverances from death and serious injury. He is the God of deliverances. He daily bears my burden, He is my salvation and He is my deliverer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home