Friday, March 23, 2007

Devotions 23-03-07

Ps 69:16-19
Answer me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; according to the greatness of Your compassion, turn to me, and do not hide Your face from Your servant, for I am in distress; answer me quickly. Oh draw near to my soul and redeem it; ransom me because of my enemies! You do know my reproach and my shame and my dishonor; all my adversaries are before You.

David was in much distress and all he had was God to turn to and plead his case. He needed God to act quickly because his enemies were near to destroy him. Have I been in such a situation. Not in the exact same situation but some that were very similar. It is good for us to be at the end of our rope without any possible help from anyone but God. Then we can see the lovingkindness and compassion of our great God.

I may feel shame and dishonor but God's love is far richer and takes away all that I feel when He redeems me and rescues me. God's time in coming to my aid seems so slow but He will come at just the right time. He knows the time I must struggle to get clear in my mind and heart all that God wants to teach me. It seems like eternity but it is really not that long for all I am to learn.

I must realize that others I love may have to go through the same process and I can encourage them as they do. It is so hard to see your children struggle or those you are seeking to disciple. It is all part of our spiritual maturity and being all God wants us to be. Lord, be with Melanie as she is struggling with this very situation. Give her grace to submit to Your ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home