Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Devotions 28-03-07

Ps 71:1-3
In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be ashamed. In Your righteousness deliver me, and rescue me; incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be You to me a rock of habitation, to which I may continually come; You have given commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.

God is the one I turn to when I am in trouble and do not know what to do. I should never be ashamed of this very vital truth. Those in the world turn to drink or drugs or something that will ease their pain but it does not help solve their problem. I know that God has answers to all my problems but I need a clear head and mind so He may instruct me in what I should do.

God is my righteousness and His deliverance will be done in justice. He will listen to me and rescue me from my problems. I want Him to be my home that I can continually come for safety and rest. God has commanded salvation for me in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for me and now lives to help me. God is my rock from which I can battle the enemy and my fortress which shields me from the attacks of the evil one.

Maybe I should memorize these verses to say every morning to myself to encourage me in the tasks of my day. I seem to forget so easily and get bogged down in the struggles of life. Maybe they will be good only for a week and then become routine but even that would be wonderful. Lord, use these thoughts in my life today to walk humbly and securely in Your love and majesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home