Sunday, December 24, 2006

Devotions 24-12-06

Luke 2:9-11
And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. And the angel said to them "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord..."

This great news the godly world had been waiting for happened in obscure Bethlehem and given to lowly shepherds watching sheep. But this was God's plan and fit the situation that existed in the world at that time. God is interested in everyone and He knows the best way to get the news out to a needy world. It began with the angels to the shepherds, later John began to proclaim who Jesus was and then Jesus began His earthly ministry.

So God continues to use ordinary people like me to tell others the good news that Jesus has come to be our Savior. I must not forget that this was God's plan and it is still important for me to follow what He began.

I may not be an evangelist but neither were the shepherds. I do have the responsibility to tell others what Jesus came to earth to do. He came to be my Savior and He wants me to tell others of this good news. I so easily get so busy that I fail in this important assignment. Lord, help me to order my life in such a way that I am constantly telling others why Jesus came into my world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home