Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Devotions 20-12-06

Luke 1:51- 53
"He has done mighty deeds with His arm; He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart. He has brought down rulers from their thrones, and has exalted those who were humble. He has filled the hungry with good things; and sent away the rich empty handed."

He has done mighty deeds and He has scattered the proud. God delights to do mighty deeds for those who honor Him and seek to serve Him. Those who are proud in their hearts and oppose what God is seeking to accomplish in the world will find God opposing them. They will not succeed.

God has brought down those with power who are not honoring God and put in their place the humble. Those who glory in their power will find it soon gone but the humble will be exalted to give God glory.

God has given good things to the hungry or needed but has sent the rich away empty handed. God delights in blessing the needy and filling their life with good things that money or power can not provide but the rich will lose all they have and will have nothing of true value.

The God of Christmas is a wonderful God and He is the same God who rules the whole year long. There is so much to learn from God as I see Him work in this first Christmas and what has been happening in the world since.

Where am I in following the ways of God this Christmas? Am I seeking to glorify and honor the Lord or am I selfish and proud in all I have done? Do I understand the great value in being humble before others and God? Am I grateful for all the good things He has given me and my family? I must fight the attitude of the world and seek to have a godly spirit and attitude in all I do. Lord, I am grateful for all You have shown me in Your making the first Christmas possible. May Your ways become my ways the years You still have for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home