Monday, December 18, 2006

Devotions 18-12-06

Luke 1:35-37
"And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you,and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring will be called the Son of God. And behold, even your relative Elizabeth has also conceived a son in her old age; and she who was called barren is now in her sixth month. For nothing will be impossible with God."

I must be careful to not expect to see a miracle in everything. There are many ordinary things that happen even in miracles. There were many difficulties that Mary experienced in her being part of a miracle. Her family did not believe her and neither did her husband, Joseph, at first. She had to stand alone and believe God to work in her behalf. He did! She was submissive to her parents and sought their permission to go and see Elizabeth. She was submissive to the authority that God had placed over her.

O Lord help me to be righteous and godly in the everyday issues of life. Help me to manage my schedule wisely and not do more than I ought. Help me to do my tasks well and trust You to work out those things that are beyond my ability. Lord help me to be more in Your Word and Prayer. Lord give me strength for the ordinary tasks of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home