Monday, December 04, 2006

Devotions 04-12-06

Job 42:1-3
Then Job answered the Lord, and said, "I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted. "Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge? Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know."

Finally Job and God are communicating. Job now understands that God has a purpose in all that has been going on. I feel like this many times and it is wonderful when I come to see and understand what God is doing in my life. It is me that needs to understand and it is God who lovingly teaches me through His Word and His Spirit so that I can understand in some measure.

What should I learn from these closing words of Job. First, that God can do anything He pleases and that no purpose of His can be thwarted. Second to be careful not to not speak of things I do not understand, I must continue to wait on God to give me understanding that I need before I speak.

Lord, You are the Almighty and I am Your child by faith. There is so much I do not know nor understand. I must seek You more everyday and rely on You to guide me and direct me in all I do. Thank You for this book about Job and Your purposes in his life. Lord, guide in the time that Melanie, Lou and I have this week and in our closing days in the US. Lord, guide me to the place You want us to stay these remaining seven days.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Beryl Williams said...

Boy! is this one of the absolute hardest things to embrace in my heart. To know that the distance of my view is so rediculously shortsighted and yet so often, I think that I know what is best! I appreciate your prayer and pray for myself that the Lord will give me growth in this area for the security that comes with that growth is something that my heart longs for.
Thank you for your insights Mel.
Beryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home