Friday, December 22, 2006

Devotions 21-12-06

Luke 1:65-66
And fear came on all those living around them; and all these matters were being talked about in all the hill country of Judea. And all who heard them kept them in mind, saying, "What then will this child turn out to be?" For the hand of the Lord was certainly with him.

Nine months have gone by and John was born and it is time to give him a name. At this ceremony Zacharias declares his name by writing it out and then he is able to speak and everyone is amazed and troubled. So this word goes through out the hill country of Judea. Now everyone is watching to see what this son of Zacharias, John, will be. It will be about 30yrs before anyone will truly know.

Life is filled with a lot of waiting and what should we do as we wait? Use the time to do what we know we should do based on what we know today. There is much I need to do in knowing God and obeying God based on what God has already shown me. I want to use my life profitably for His glory as I see God unfold His plan for the years before me.

Lord, help me to use my time wisely as I wait to see what God has for me in the future. Lord help me to finish up my time in Estonia with wisdom and work which would reflect favorably on the ministry of disciplemaking. Lord, will the work You have allowed me to do continue to bear fruit in the years after I have gone. I think much of what I have done must be bathed in prayer as I finish out my time in Estonia. This has been Your work Lord and I am grateful for the privilege of serving You here. Bless the people we have given our lives to serve and to teach Your Word. Use them in a great way far beyond what I would ever imagine for Your glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home