Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Devotions 19-12-06

Luke 1:46-48
And Mary said: "My soul exalts the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has had regard for the humble state of His bond slave; for behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed."

This is the response that Mary began to give after Elizabeth responded to her first greetings. It reveals Mary's attitude toward the Lord and her humility for the privilege to be used of the Lord in being the vessel to bring forth the Savior of the world. Oh, that everyone, and that includes me, would be as humble when the Lord might use us in the lives of others to help them to see the Lord or to grow in a closer relationship to Him.

Mary's focus was on the Lord and not on herself. She exalts the Lord, she rejoiced in God her Savior, and she acknowledges her humble state as His bond slave. Yet she is aware that people would for generations to come see what a blessing she had been given from God to have this privilege. Could I handle such an honor and not be puffed up with pride? What lesser things do I do and find false pride in them? Oh, to truly give God the glory for everything He might do through me.

O Lord help me to have the spirit and attitude of Mary in my relationship with You and with the world that is observing me. I do want to exalt You for all You are doing in my life and through my life. You are the Almighty and it is You who is doing great and mighty things in the world in which I live. Thank You for the privilege of being Your bond servant and yet Your child to see Your Kingdom established forever and for all peoples who would put their trust and faith in Your Son, Jesus the Christ of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home