Monday, December 18, 2006

Devotions 17-12-06

Luke 1:24-25
"And after these days Elizabeth his wife became pregnant; and she kept herself in seclusion for five months, saying, "This is the way the Lord has dealt with me in the days when He looked with favor upon me, to take away my disgrace among men."

God was not hindered by Zacharias unbelief but went ahead and gave them a son who was the messenger going before Jesus preparing the people for the beginning His ministry. God's purposes can not be thwarted even by our unbelief. I believe that even Zacharias believed after Gabriel took away his voice for not believing him when he first spoke of his good news.

God gave Elizabeth and Zacharias a baby in their old age! God does the impossible to remind us that He is the God of the impossible. When my plans are God's plans nothing is impossible. Is it the rewards of a righteous life?

O Lord, what a privilege to be a part of Your marvelous plan in the earth. Even in my unbelief You know that I truly want to believe and to obey You. Thank You for reminding me that You are the God of the impossible and my responsibility is to believe You and to live a righteous life before You and the world in which I live. Thank You for Your great mercy and grace; so much greater than all my sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home