Saturday, December 16, 2006

Devotions 16-12-06

Luke 1:18-20
"And Zacharias said to the angel "How shall I know this for certain? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years." And the angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God; and I have been sent to speak to you, and to bring you this good news. And behold you shall be silent and unable to speak until the day when these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which shall be fulfilled in their proper time."

Zacharias was in the Holy place where few men were allowed to go and it was dangerous because if you went there with sin in your life you would die. God does not allow sin to be in His presence. To see someone in the Holy place would have to be an angel or someone from God that had a special purpose in being there. Zacharias was afraid and fearful and he should be but he somehow did not let that translate into respect and belief.

Yet, would I have done any better or would I have responded in belief. I think of the phrase "to whom much is given much is required". Zacharias had been given much in his training and his experience as a priest of God. He should have grown much in his faith and confidence in God but he may have let the routine of the task to weaken his sensitivity toward God.

Lord, help me in my walk with You that I would always be alert to respond to You in faith and confidence in what You say to me. Lord, I must take the time to reflect on what You are doing in my life and be alert to believe what You are saying or doing. Lord, help me today to believe that You will use our Christmas party today in all our lives to draw us closer to YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home