Friday, December 01, 2006

Devotions 01-12-06

Job 32:5-9
"And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men his anger burned. So Elihu......spoke out and said, I am young in years and you are old; therefore I was shy and afraid to tell you what I think. I thought age should speak, and increased years should teach wisdom. But it is a spirit in man and the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding. The abundant in years may not be wise, nor may elders understand justice."

Elihu has made a true statement but his attitude in which he is going to speak is wrong. For one he is angry at his three older friends for not being able to give answers that are wise from his perspective. He is not understanding himself what God is doing in Job's life. He is not considering all that God has done in Job's life before this situation came about. He is full of words and he is ignoring all the experience and wisdom that Job has shown in the years previous. He should be seeking to learn from what Job is experiencing and not be so quick to give his solution to his problem.

I have experienced many times in my walk with God younger zealous young folks telling me what I ought to do. It is a little difficult to take but I must be patient and let God teach them to respect those older and seek to be a learner more than a teacher to those much older than they. Elihu could learn so much from Job but because he is well and Job is sick he feels like he is more equipped to speak for God. I read later, God says that Elihu is not His spokesman.

It is good to listen to younger believers for age does not contain all wisdom but younger folks must be careful to not ignore age and all they have learned in the years they have walked with God. We must be careful to respect each other and to seek God carefully before we do much correcting of each other. God will give me the wisdom I need if I will continue to seek Him.

Lord, I do pray that I would wisely seek You and allow You to give me all the wisdom I need to live life and endure difficulties as Job did. Help me in teaching others to be patient and understanding and encourage them in their relationship with You and with those they are seeking to serve. I want to be loving and patient and yet to teach and speak truth as You would lead me. I am grateful for all You have done for me in my family and ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home